The Academy of Science of South Africa (ASSAf), Scholarly Publishing Programme, cordially invites you to a Webinar on Good Peer Review Practices.
Date: 31 July 2020
Time: 10:00 – 11:30
RSVP: Click here to register before 30 July 2020
This webinar focuses attention on a few key issues in the peer review processes for scholarly journals:
- The importance and value of originality in scholarly publishing.
- The critical role of mentorship, scholarship development and passing the torch to the next generation.
- Peer review practices and processes in scientific journals and scholarship development in South Africa from a peer reviewer perspective.
- Perceptions of the contested role of the peer reviewer.
Facilitator: Dr Lucienne Abrahams – Corresponding Editor, The African Journal of Information and Communication (AJIC)
- Dr Salmina Mokgehle – Researcher at the Agricultural Research Council – Vegetable and Ornamental Plants (ARC-VOP), and an Associate Editor Mentee of SAJS in the field of Agriculture and Forestry
- Prof Mokoko Piet Sebola – Professor of Public Administration and Director of the School of Economics and Management at the University of Limpopo
- Dr Andy Carolin – Senior Lecturer in the Faculty of Education at the University of Johannesburg. He regularly acts as a peer reviewer for journal articles in the fields of English literature, cultural studies, and gender studies.
Enquiries: Mmaphuthi Mashiachidi, Project Administrator, Mmaphuthi@assaf.org.za