The Academy of Science of South Africa (ASSAf) is a voluntary association of eminent South African scholars and scientists, established in terms of an Act of Parliament. Its primary objective is generating evidence-based solutions to the problems and challenges facing South African society. ASSAf aspires to play both a national and an international role. The Academy seeks to appoint a Governance Administrator within the Governance Programme based in Pretoria.
The incumbent will provide administrative support to the Academy’s Communications and Governance sub-programmes under the guidance of the Governance Coordinator and Communications Officer.
• Social media administration support;
• Event and meeting coordination (webinars and in person);
• Administrative support (including ASSAf new Member elections, prizes/awards and ASSAf Council);
• Information Management;
• Procurement processes support;
• Work collaboratively with other members of the ASSAf team;
• Undertake duties as directed by the Executive Officer, Governance Coordinator and/or Communications Officer in the furtherance of the mandate of the Academy of Science of South Africa.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Social media expertise (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn);
• Capable of dealing with numerous projects simultaneously;
• Knowledge and the ability to work well in a remote team environment;
• Computer skills in MS Word, Excel (intermediate or advanced), Outlook and WordPress;
• Valid Code 8 driver’s license:
• Ability to work successfully in a team environment;
• Ability to organise a meeting or workshop/conference;
• Strong administrative, communication and writing skills;
• Knowledge and the ability to work independently in a remote team environment.
National Diploma and/or B Degree in Communications/Information Sciences/English or related field.
MailChimp, Zoom and Buffer would be an advantage.
At least two years of related professional experience in a similar position.
The remuneration package for this position will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
All candidates who comply with the minimum requirements are invited to apply.
The Academy reserves the right to not make an appointment to the post as advertised.
To apply, please submit a letter of application, a CV including contact details of two referees to Miss. Kelebogile Seotloe at email@example.com by no later than 28 February 2023.
For more information, contact: Miss. Kelebogile Seotloe on 0837917483
Correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates