The Academy of Science of South Africa (ASSAf) is a voluntary association of eminent South African scholars and scientists, established in terms of an Act of Parliament. Its primary objective is generating evidence-based science solutions to the problems and challenges facing South African society. ASSAf aspires to play both a national and an international role.
ASSAf seeks to appoint an Office Administrator in its Pretoria office. This is a full-time position in the Administration and Governance programme.
The incumbent will serve as the primary administrative support staff member for the general operations of the Academy office, under the supervision of the Finance Manager.
• Office administration.
• Reception duties.
• Keep record of staff meetings.
• Facilitate procurement of office needs/necessities.
• Undertake logistical arrangements for staff and other meetings.
• Undertake and execute SCM processes intended to facilitate ASSAf’s procurement of goods and services in collaboration with the SCM Coordinator.
• Undertake duties in pursuit of ASSAf work as may be requested by members of the management team.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Knowledge of reception duties. Familiar with the process of logistical arrangements.
• Knowledge of Supply Chain Management processes.
• Ability to prioritize work and the flexibility to change directions as the job dictates.
• Ability to solve problems using selection and application of commonly used procedures, precedents, and rules.
• Ability to operate with some latitude for independent judgment and action.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
• Ability to develop relationships with co-workers and employees in the Academy through effective communication.
• Excellent written and oral skills with ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees.
• Good interpersonal skills.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
Diploma/Certificate in an administrative program or related field, or equivalent knowledge.
Knowledge of Supply Chain Management processes.
Three years administrative experience to include reception, meetings coordination, and supply chain
The remuneration package for this position will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
All candidates who comply with the minimum requirements are invited to apply.
The Academy reserves the right to not make an appointment to the post as advertised.
To apply, please submit a letter of application, a CV including contact details of two referees to Miss.
Kelebogile Seotloe at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 12 October 2023.
For more information, contact: Miss. Kelebogile Seotloe on 0837917483
Correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates