Oral and Poster Presenters
TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATION
ASSAf will cover travel, accommodation, and ground transport expenses for the participation of all those based outside Gauteng. Presenters are requested to complete the attached traveler profile form and send it to email@example.com) as an MS Word document by Monday 17 September 2012 to enable us make the necessary arrangements.
All air travel bookings will be made by Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ). Those who have indicated that they require air travel should contact:
All traveller profile forms have been circulated to the GIZ.
Original boarding passes should be submitted for auditing purposes. All travellers are requested to present their boarding passes (first travel leg) upon registration during the conference. All original return boarding passes (second travel leg) should be posted to the following address before 30 November 2012:
Dorothy Mutheu Ngila
Academy of Science of South Africa (ASSAf)
PO Box 72135, Lynnwood Ridge 0040, Pretoria, South Africa.
ASSAf will only cater for the travel and accommodation costs of oral and poster presenters at:
The Villas Luxury Suite Hotel and Conference Venue
Phone: +27 12 342 9130 or +27 12 342 9131
Fax: +27 342 9131
Cnr Orient & Pretorius Street, Arcadia
Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa, 0083
PO Box 13323, Hatfield
South Africa, 0028
GPS Coordinates: S25 44′ 44.38″ E28 13′ 29.63″
A shuttle service, Bono Tours and Safaris, has been arranged to transport presenters.
Mr. Mashau Robert
Bono Tours and Safaris – Pretoria – South Africa
Cell: +2773 636 7018 or +2772 701 5589
A conference preprint will be produced for distribution to all participants at the conference.
Oral presenters are required to submit oral papers and poster presenters their final poster abstracts for the publication.
Oral Papers: Criteria for Publication
- The article is presented in an intelligible fashion and is written in clear and unambiguous UK English
- The research meets all applicable standards for the ethics of experimentation and research integrity
- The article adheres to appropriate reporting guidelines and community standards for data availability
- Arial font
- 11 font size
- 1.5 line spacing
- Strictly 4-5 pages including reference list in MS WORD
- Not more than 3000 words
- Not more than 30 references
- The papers should be written in a manner that is intelligible for specialists and non-specialists
- Please identify the author to whom all correspondence should be addressed
- The article’s full title should contain a maximum of 95 characters.
- At least five keywords should be provided.
- All papers should begin with an abstract section
The conference format will include plenary and parallel sessions. Oral presenters are requested to keep presentations at strictly 15 minutes.
Please note that the specification for a poster presentation is one A1 portrait poster. You are advised to strictly adhere to the specification. You are also advised to prepare and bring own posters to the conference. Poster stands will be provided for your posters and you will be required to present you poster during the conference for 5 minutes, strictly.