The SciELO Network is a collection of prestigious open access scholarly journals. The project originated in Brazil 21 years ago and now includes a total of 15 national collections, mostly from South America, and also from Spain, Portugal and South Africa (since 2009).
SciELO SA is managed by ASSAf, funded by the Department of Science and Innovation (DSI) and endorsed for accreditation purposes by the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET). Currently SciELO SA hosts 79 prestigious South African open access journals in its collection with more titles being added. The Network regularly publishes a SciELO Blog, SciELO in Perspective.
Since the outbreak of COVID-19 the blog has included summaries of articles dealing with the topic. Below is the first list of brief summaries of SciELO Network articles and texts on the topic (the keywords are indicated in bold):
- ·COVID-19 pneumonia: what is the role of imaging in diagnosis? (letter to the editor in Jornal Brasileiro de Pneumologia vol.46 no.2 São Paulo 2020 Epub Mar 27, 2020)
- COVID-19 and the heart (published in Arquivos Brasileiros de Cardiologia, ahead of print Epub Mar 30, 2020, a cardiovascular journal)
- Outbreak investigation in a cargo ship in times of COVID-19 crisis, Port of Santos, Brazil (a brief communication published in Rev. Saúde Pública vol.54 São Paulo Epub Mar 30, 2020, a public health journal)
- Dentistry in Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2: How to face this enemy (published in RGO – Revista Gaúcha de Odontologia, vol.68 Campinas, Epub Mar 30, 2020, a dental research journal)
- The surgeons and the COVID-19 pandemic, (a technical note published in Revista do Colégio Brasileiro de Cirurgiões, vol.47 Rio de Janeiro. Epub Mar 30, 2020, a surgery journal)
- Mental health: why it still matters in the middle of a pandemic (published ahead of print in Brazilian Journal of Psychiatry, Epub Apr 03, 2020)
- Corona Virus 2020 (published as an editorial in a nursing journal, Revista Brasileria de Enfermagen, vol.73 no.2 Brasília Epub Mar 27, 2020)
- Immediate Health Surveillance Response to COVID-19 Epidemic (published as an editorial in Epidemologia e Serviços de Saúde / Epidemiology and Health Services vol.29 no.1 Brasília Epub Mar 23, 2020, an epidemiology journal)
- Driving forces for COVID-19 clinical trials the need to choose the right research questions and outcomes (to be published in Rev. Soc. Bras. Med. Trop.), Vol. 53, April, 2020, (a disease control journal)
- “Pandemic fear” and COVID-19: mental health burden and strategies (published ahead of print in Braz. J Psychiatry, Epub Apr 03, 2020)
- The Brazilian Journal of Public Administration (RAP), Call for short papers: Governmental responses to the COVID-19 pandemic. Deadline: 1 June 2020.
If you would like to subscribe to the SciELO Network, SciELO in Perspective then go to https://blog.scielo.org/en/about/#.XotGZsgzbIU, scroll down to the end of the page and subscribe. The blog deals mainly with Scholarly Publishing trends but more recently has been featuring articles dealing with the current pandemic.