The South African department for Science and Innovation, the South African department for Higher Education and Training and the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, cordially invite you to participate in a virtual series of policy dialogue on education between South Africa and the Netherlands.
- Main aim of the policy dialogue series is building a community and network between South African and Dutch stakeholders in the HE sectors.
- This community will serve as a basis for internationalisation between South Africa and The Netherlands and further exchange of policies, knowledge, teachers, staff, and students.
The overarching theme for this first series of policy dialogue is
“Improving and widen-up equitable chances in education through international collaboration and increased awareness on needed leadership”.
In three policy dialogues we touch on different aspects of this main theme.
Upcoming policy dialogue
- 31 January 2024. “Open Education, Access and Science.”
Why are open education, access and open science important and what governmental policies are in place in SA and NL? Which opportunities and risks involved with open education, access and open science need to be considered, especially within international collaborations? How can increased bi- and multilateral collaborations help to increase open education, access and open science in both countries?
Date: 31 January 2024
Topic: Open Education, Access and Science
- 28th of June. “Internationalisation strategies between South Africa and The Netherlands.”
What governmental policies on internationalisation in education are in place in both countries? Why are institutions in SA and NL interesting partners to each other? How can internationalisation activities contribute to justice, equity, diversity and inclusion (JEDI) in higher education?
This first policy dialogue will set the right information basis for all the stakeholders involved.
- See link to presentations from previous policy dialogue: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1KGo4PR6ibDCQthyqg6_bXzClq9dmuTiH?usp=drive_link
- 7th of September. “What kind of leadership and governance is needed for a solid and impactful international collaboration?”
How does leadership and governance in SA and NL contribute to justice, equity, diversity and inclusion (JEDI) in higher education? How can we use international partners to exchange best practices on leadership and governance and questions that arise around systems, processes, management and leadership? How can leadership programs contribute in bringing the needed leadership and governance in place and to keep the higher management involved to academic values.
For any questions or adding colleagues to our information list, please contact us through email@example.com.