The Scholarly Publishing Programme of the Academy of Science of South Africa (ASSAf) will be hosting a series of webinars for new editors.
The topic of the fourth webinar in the series is Tips on editorial processes Incl. the editorial workflow, peer-review, quality control, and more
Date: Tuesday, 30 May 2023
Time: 10:00 – 12:00 (CAT)
Venue: Virtual: Webinar using Zoom
RSVP: Click here (upon registration, you will receive login details for the virtual event)
Enquiries: Mmaphuthi Rametse (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The aim of the SERIES is
• to provide new editors of South African scholarly journals with the tools to implement publishing best practice; and
• to boost their confidence as editors.
The aim of this SESSION is to discuss and answer questions on:
• The editorial process, from submission to publication
• Peer-review and different approaches to peer-review
• Quality control incl. plagiarism and ethics
• Engaging with authors and relationship building
• New trends in open access digital publishing, open data and Artificial Intelligenc